Portugal, Europe at Its Best by: Roger Wakefield
Portugal has gained its independence 1143, and is amongst the oldest, and most culturally rich countries in the western hemisphere. It is situated on the west of the Iberian Peninsula, and this Atlantic facing location was to make a serious impact on Portugal's cultural and economic development.
Explorers from portugal dominated the Age of exploration and developed trading routes with the the India and china. As a result, Portugal soon established itself as one of the richest and dominant nations in europe. Portugal has the advantage of a sunny climate and distinct natural countryside which has made Portugal into one of the most popular countries for a quiet stay in a relaxing vacation villa. As well as the many luxury holiday villas and apartments, Portugal offers an idyllic location for followers of water sports and golf. Portugal is really and truly a beautiful country to take a vacation.
If you are contemplating traveling to portugal for a vacation, here are some useful facts that will help you:
- Portugal is an old country with lots of fun things to see and do.
- Portugal is one of the cheapest and most fascinating destinations in Europe.
- Portugal is one of the EU countries with the strongest laws against abortion.
- Despite its turbulent past Portugal is a stable country.
- Portugal is home to one of the most spectacular coastlines in Europe, along the breathtaking Algarve coast.
- Portugal is well serviced by a series of rail networks from all over Europe.
A holiday in Portugal could be the most romantic vacation of your life.
Why not indulge yourself with a memorable and relaxing holiday at one of the delightful portuguese holiday villas. You can find a good selection of villas to chose from at 'portuguese villas' (http://www.villaretreats.co.uk/villas-in-portugal.asp).
About The Author Roger Wakefield is a staff writer at: Villas in the Algarve, (http://www.villaretreats.com/villas-algarve.asp) offering a range of villas in the Algarve, Portugal and other European and Caribbean destinations